Jasmine, Fruity Pebbles, Clementine
Clean, delicate, citric
Medium-Light Roast (21)
Chemex at 50g per 750g (1:15)
The Chemex is an old school pour-over method, that produces a full body and beautiful clarity, due to its bonded paper filter.
Dosage: 50g coffee to 750g water (1:15) (yields 16-18oz, 2 smaller cups or 2 large cups)
Grind: Medium Coarse (like Kosher Salt)
Filter: Bonded Filters Pre-folded Squares (Natural)
Temp: 204°F (or right off boil)
Pre-Infusion/"Bloom": 100g water (1:2) for 30-45 seconds
Total Time: 4 minutes
- Separate 4 layers of filter: 3 layers on one side, and 1 on the other. Insert filter into Chemex, with the 3-layer fold on the spout side, and rinse thoroughly. Be sure to discard the water.
- Place on scale, tare, and add coffee; gently shake to settle the grounds; tare again.
- Start timer. Add 100g of water for a 30-45 second “bloom”, saturating the grounds evenly with circular motions.
- During the “bloom”, pick up the entire brewer and give it a swirl to agitate the grounds for even saturation.
- Add 650g more water in an aggressive manner, pouring in a circular motion and avoiding the edges. If needed, adjust the pour speed to maintain level bed (about ½ inch from the top of the brewer).
- Give it a gentle stir, make sure to stir around the edges of paper filter.
- Allow to for it to completely draw down (drain) and serve in pre-heated cup. Enjoy!