With a pre-paid subscription to Rhino Coffee, you will receive a bag of coffee once a month for a 12 month period. You will never have to worry about running out again.
Lemon Meringue, Strawberry Taffy, Sweet Cream
Juicy, Bright, Floral
Clever Dripper at 20g per 300g (1:15)
The Clever Dripper is a full immersion brew method; it creates a clean, vibrant, and smooth bodied cup (due to the paper filter). The Clever Dripper can also double as a pour over style brewer!
Dosage: 20g coffee to 300g water (1:15) (yields 10oz, 2 small cups or 1 large cup)
Grind: Medium (like Kosher Salt)
Filter: #4 Filtropa, or #4 Melita
Temp: 204°F (or right off boil)
Pre-Infusion/"Bloom": 50g water for 30-45 seconds (some Clever brew methods do not call for a “bloom”, however, we feel it promotes a cleaner, less bitter flavor).
Total Time: 3-4 minutes
- Fold the filter along the bonded seams and insert into the Clever brewer.
- Rinse the filter with hot water. Leaving the filter in place, discard the water.
- Place on scale, tare, and add coffee; gently shake to settle the grounds, then tare again.
- Start timer. Add about 50g of water for a 30-45 second “bloom”, saturating the grounds evenly with circular motions.
- Add remaining 250g of water and pour evenly over the grounds. Cover with its lid.
- At 2 minutes, give a quick, gentle stir to evenly immerse the grounds into the brew. Make sure to stir around the edges of the paper filter. Cover the Clever with its lid.
- At 2 ½ minutes, set the Clever on top of a mug to release the brew. This process should take about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Enjoy!