With a pre-paid subscription to Rhino Coffee, you will receive a bag of coffee once a month for a 12 month period. You will never have to worry about running out again.
We love the lingering citrus and fruity flavors of this variety from Narino,Colombian! It's great as a classic drip with a medium-body OR brew as V60 for a softer flavor profile!
Cedar, dark honey, stone fruit, cacao nibs, lemon zest
Drip at 15g per 250ml (1 cup)
La Union, Nariño
Fundación Agraria y Ambiental Para el Desarrollo Sostentible
Caturra, Castillo, Colombia
Fundación Agraria y Ambiental Para el Desarrollo Sostentible (FUDAM) is a 300-member association of organic-certified (and Rainforest Alliance–certified) growers that was founded in the year 2000 by just seven producers who shared a vision of sustainable agriculture as well as environmental protection and development. This group of smallholders lives in and around the small municipality of La Unión in Nariño, where the terrain differs greatly from in other coffee-growing areas like Cauca: Instead of walking up from the town to the farms, as elsewhere, here the towns are at such high elevation that the farms are typically lower elevation, surrounded by high peaks and rough road.
FUDAM's membership believes firmly in the principles of sustainability that drove them to band together in the first place. When asked recently why the group continues to farm organically despite mounting pressure to rely on chemical inputs, the association’s leadership explained, “This is just how we live, these are our values and our way of life.”
The farmers pick their coffee during the day and depulp it in the afternoon, typically fermenting the lots for 16–24 hours dry. The coffees are generally washed two or three times before being dried either in small "casa elbas," mechanical dryers, or parabolic dryers. The mechanical drying takes between 25–40 hours, while the other drying structures can take up to 15 days.
The Auto-Drip is the most well-known way to brew coffee; super easy, convenient, and can brew large quantities in a short time!
- We suggest using quality Auto-Drip brewers such as the Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker, or the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker.
- Since most folks do not own gram scales, the best way to measure dosage is by tablespoons
- An easy to way figure out tablespoons to water ratio for auto-drip: ounces of water being used x .35 tablespoons. (E.g. 35oz water x .35 tablespoons = roughly 11 tablespoons (1 tablespoon of ground coffee = 5 grams)
Dosage: 50-55g (roughly 11 tablespoons) coffee to 900g water (32oz) (1:18) (yields 32oz, 4 cups)
Grind: Medium Coarse (like Kosher Salt)
Filter: Use suggested filter for whatever coffee brewer you are using
Temp: Machine will auto-set the temp
Total Time: 3-4 minutes (Depends on machine’s brew setting)
- Measure out water, and pour into water tower
- Add paper filter (if your brewer calls for one)
- Add the correct dose of coffee (for water being used)
- Start brewer, take a shower, flip through a magazine…then enjoy!