The Toddy® Cold Brew System is a full immersion method that replaces the heat of traditional brew methods with time, brewing a strong, smooth coffee concentrate that is perfect for the summer.
Dosage: 12oz (340g) coffee to 7c (56 fl. oz./1.65L) water (1:14) (yields 6-7oz, 1 cup)
Grind: Coarse-Ground (like coarse sea salt)
Filter: Reusable Felt Filter & Paper Filter Bag
We prefer the dual filtration method as it created a smoother cup and allows for easier cleanup. Toddy calls this "Method 1".
Temp: Room temp
Recommended Style: Method 1: Coffee Concentrate
Total Time: 12-24 Hours (We think 16 hours is the sweet spot)
- Pre-wet the felt filter and insert it into the container.
- Open the filter bag and place it into the container. Pre-wet.
- After draining the water, insert the stopper into the bottom of the container
- Pour 12oz (340g) of course-ground coffee in the filter bag
FYI our coffee bags are exactly 12oz!
- Slowly pour 7 cups of water over coffee
- After 2 minutes, slowly press down on coffee to break the crust and gently stir to ensure even saturation
- Twist the top of the bag to close
- Brew for 16 hours at room temperature
- Remove the stopper and decant into a pitcher
Coffee will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in refrigerator!
- To serve, cut Cold Brew with milk or water using a 1:2 ratio. Adjust as needed for a stronger or milder taste.
We roast our single-origin Cold Brew specifically to bring out the notes when brewing cold brew. Purchase it here.