Brew Coffee with an AeroPress
Mar 25, 2022
The AeroPress is a full immersion method, that produces a brew a bit stronger than your typical drip coffee, but still clear and complex. Great to take on the go – camping, road trips, even the office!
Dosage: 16g coffee to 224g water (1:14) (yields 6-7oz, 1 cup)
Grind: Medium-fine (like table salt)
Filter: AeroPress Micro-filters
Temp: 204°F (or right off boil)
Recommended Style: Inverted, with the plunger on the bottom (vertical alignment ensures tight fit)
Total Time: 2.5 minutes
- Begin with inverted alignment (with plunger on the bottom); place on scale and tare.
- Add coffee and gently shake to settle the grounds, then tare again.
- Start timer. Add 100g of water (½ amount) and stir a few times to saturate and promote extraction.
- Add remaining 100g of water and pour evenly over the top; stir a few times more.
- At 1:45 minutes, secure the cap and filter (we recommend pre-rinsing the filter) onto the Aero Press.
- At 2 minutes, flip the press onto a cup and press down until you hear a hissing sound – this should take about 30-45 seconds. Enjoy!