The Auto-Drip is the most well-known way to brew coffee; super easy, convenient, and can brew large quantities in a short time!
Before we get started, here are some things to keep in mind:
- We suggest using quality Auto-Drip brewers such as the Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker, or the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker.
- Since most folks do not own gram scales, the best way to measure dosage is by tablespoons
- An easy to way figure out tablespoons to water ratio for auto-drip: ounces of water being used x .35 tablespoons.
- E.g. 35oz water x .35 tablespoons = roughly 11 tablespoons (1 tablespoon of ground coffee = 5 grams)
Dosage: 50-55g (roughly 11 tablespoons) coffee to 900g water (32oz) (1:19) (yields 32oz, 4 cups)
Grind: Medium Coarse (like Kosher Salt)
Filter: Use suggested filter for whatever coffee brewer you are using
Temp: Machine will auto-set the temp
Total Time: 3-4 minutes (depending on the machine's brew settings)
- Measure out water, and pour into water tower
- Add paper filter (if your brewer calls for one)
- Add the correct dose of coffee (for water being used)
- Start brewer, take a shower, flip through a magazine…then enjoy!